Sunday, May 26, 2024

Guinevere

"Guinevere had green eyes

Like yours, milady, like yoursShe'd walk down through the gardenIn the morning after it rained..."

-David Crosby

On a rainy Sunday afternoon, came across the fact that Crosby Stills and Nash released their debut album 55 years ago this month. Other songs include:

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
Marrakesh Express 
Helplessly Hoping
Long Time Gone

Not sure I was really listening to CSN in 1969.  More likely, Blood Sweat & Tears (And When I die),  Santana (Evil Ways), The 5th Dimension (Aquarius), Stevie Wonder (My Cherie Amour), Roberta Flack (The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face), and Mercy (Love Can Make You Happy) the latter one hit wonders because of their concert in my hometown.

P.S.  Spent 2 1/2 hours at a walk-in clinic with my grandson.  He was stung by a bee on his right eye lid.  Fortunately, the pain and itching seem to have gone but the black and blue swelling remain.

No comments: